If you enjoy making your own edibles and cannabutter, you know how messy and smelly the process can be. Sure, the end result is worth it, but your friends and neighbors may have a few questions about the skunky smells coming from your house.
Enter Levo infuser, an innovative gadget that takes the pain, mess and stink out of making edibles and cannabutter at home.
How Does the Levo Infuser Work?
The Levo machine looks a bit like a coffeemaker, and it kind of operates like one, too. One thing that’s important to note here is that the Levo II can do more than just make cannabutter or cannabis-infused oil.
You can use any herb to infuse:
- Oils (coconut, canola, sesame, ghee, etc.)
You can even infuse vegetables and seeds. So, this is a really versatile machine that you can use for more than just your edibles-making hobby.
But how exactly does this machine work? Let’s take a closer look at what’s going on under the hood.
Features at a Glance
- Dry and Activate (decarboxylation) modes to prepare herbs for infusion. This makes them more potent and have a longer shelf life.
- Precise temperature and time controls.
- 16oz. liquid reservoir with ceramic coating
- Includes Power Pod that holds 8 grams of herbs
- Dishwasher-safe parts
Levo’s infusion process is patented. It works to eliminate the bad (like chlorophyll) while keeping the good stuff and not aerating the infusion to maximize its shelf life.
The decarboxylation process decarbs the herb at 240 degrees for 30 minutes. If you’re working with cannabis, this critical step helps activates cannabinoids like CBD and THC. But if you’re using other herbs and botanicals, it’s really not necessary.
How to Use the Levo II
Making your own infusions is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Add your herbs to the pod, place the pod in the machine, and choose Dry or Activate modes.
- Once the cycle is complete, add your liquid to the reservoir to submerge the herb pod. Hit the Infusion button.
- Once the infusion is complete, place a jar (or whatever container you like) under the dispenser, and hit the Dispense button.
Clean-up is a breeze, too. Just place the removable parts in the dishwasher, and you’ll be ready for the next batch.
Infusion can take about 3 hours – 1 hour to warm up and about 2 hours to infuse. It’s a slow process, but slow is the way to go if you want to preserve the terpenes and cannabinoids in your herb.
Customize Your Infusions
Levo II makes it easy to customize your infusions to ensure consistent results. You can stick with the default modes if you like, or you can set your own:
The ability to customize the infusion process allows you to create your own unique recipes and produce consistent results every time.
You can also download the Remote Infusion app (a separate app from the Levo main app) to control your infusions remotely.
Levo tries to make it as easy as possible to enjoy the process of making edibles and herb-infused butters and oils – especially for beginners. They have lots of bundles that can help you get started if you’re a newbie, including:
- A gummy-making kit that includes the Levo II, silicone molds, droppers, gummy candy mix and MCT Oil.
- An Essentials bundle with the Levo II, herb press, Power Pod, block tray, infusion sprayer, cookbook, cleaning kit and more.
- A baking kit with the Levo II, coconut oil, baking dish, brownie mix, cookie mix, cake and waffle mix and granola mix.
- A kitchen sink bundle with the Levo II and all of the other kits combined.
If you want to make the most out of your Levo II or are new to infusions, then these bundles can help you get comfortable with the process.
Levo Infusion Guide
Want to get a better idea of how long it takes to create infusions? Levo has a helpful guide to help you get started and to inspire your creations.
Here’s a quick rundown:
- Flowers: 2.5+ hours
- Basil: 15-30 minutes
- Rosemary: 30-60 minutes
- Vegetable: 1-2 hours
- Seed: 2+ hours
- Root: 1-2 hours
- Basil: 15-30 minutes
- Vanilla: 30-60 minutes
- Citrus: 30-60 minutes
- Olive Oil, Butter, Coconut: 160-175°F
- Canola, Ghee, Almond: 175-185°F
- Avocado: 200°F
- MCT Oil, Grapeseed, Glycerin, Corn, Sesame: 185-200°F
- Honey: 115°F
- Milk: 169°F
Checking Levo 2 Potency
Levo 2 also comes in a bundle that includes the tCheck potency tester bundle. The infuser comes with the potency tester, which makes sense for any user who wants to have repeatable results with their infusions.
You receive the same great product reviewed in the previous section, but you’ll also receive:
- tCheck testers
- Bulk-sized MCT oil
However, the tCheck is the real star of the show here. The tester allows you to have a scientific way to check the potency of any flower-infused oils and butter that you make. Portable and chargeable, the unit comes with a reusable tray to test all of your infusions.
Plus, the results are lab-grade, meaning that they’re highly accurate.
How tCheck Testers Work
Potency matters when you’re trying to get the most out of your infusions. With the tester, which is the size of a smartphone, you have just five minutes to check the potency of your infusion.
And it takes just three quick steps to run your test:
- First, you need to select your infusion on the device, which will include choosing from alcohol, butter or oil.
- Place just five drops of the solution on the tray, or use the expansion kit for concentrates or flowers.
- Run the test.
An accompanying app makes it easy to run the test and see the concentration level of your infusion. Professionals are already using this very tester to have confidence and peace of mind that they’re offering the best product possible to their customers.
However, tCheck does even more than what we just listed.
The app allows you to gain better insights into your infusions, with:
- Test result logs, which will allow you to monitor your potency over time
- Recipe calculator, which will help you make the perfect infusions
- Testing tutorials are built into the app to improve testing accuracy
If you’ve ever wanted to take the guesswork out of the infusions that you make with the Levo oil infuser, the bundle is going to help you find the consistency you want with your infusions.
Levo Oil Infuser Reviews
Levo oil infusers are some of the best reviewed in the world – seriously. Out of thousands of reviews, the product has a 4.8-rating, and the people who love this product are saying:
- Great quality construction and looks great on the countertop. The interface is easy to use.
- Wait time was longer than expected, but the Levo exceeds expectations. Build quality is exceptional, with high quality components and a premium feel.
- Small businesses love the infuser. They’ve been using it for years for skin products, and it has held up to the rigorous demand that businesses have.
Anyone who wants to make their own infused butters and oils will love the simplicity of the Levo.
However, there are a few reviews with complaints that we need to address, too. A few of the most common complaints include:
- Broken lids seem to be a problem, with a few buyers stating that the lid broke after a few uses. This issue has been addressed with the new Levo II model.
- Customer support is slow to reply to questions, but this seems to be more of a growing pain than something the company plans to maintain. This is another issue the company has moved quickly to address.
The Levo Oil Infuser empowers you to create your own infusions at home. A simple user interface takes the mystery out of creating infusions, and cleaning the unit after use is simple. If you’ve ever wanted to create your own oils, concentrates or other infusions, Levo won’t let you down.